Users of Google Chrome may have noticed choppy YouTube videos lately, and that could be very frustrating at times. An immediate solution for that is to change your web browser.
However, you cannot do this all the time, as it can potentially disrupt your online activities from time to time. Imagine the need to check at two web browsers most of the time! Good thing, there are simple ways on how you can do a work-around about a jerky YouTube video.
There are a number of fixes available on the Internet, but you can try this tip posted by Rick Broida of PC World. This is worth a try, especially if you’re plagued with a choppy YouTube clip on Chrome.
- Open a new tab in Chrome and type “about:plugins” in the address bar.
- After hitting the Enter key, you can see the Details link at the upper-right part of the window.
- Click the plus sign next to it, and look for Adobe Flash Player on the list of plug-in systems.
- In case you see two Shockwave Flash entries, look at the its location lines and take note of the one with the PepperFlash references. For example: C:\Users\Aspire8950\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\ 24.0.1312.52\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll)
- Click the Disable link next to it.
- Exit Chrome, wait for a few seconds for it to fully terminate, and then restart it.
After that, your YouTube videos should play more smoothly. If you’re still encountering playback problems, you may need to reinstall Adobe Shockwave.
Do you have other ways to fix a jerky YouTube video? Let other readers learn about it by sharing your tips on the comments.