Mercedes-Benz was already getting plenty of buzz when they showed off the 2014 CLA at the 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.
After all, the CLA has a sleek exterior and an engine that has 208 hp and 258 foot-pounds of torque to move the estimated 3,264 pounds of curb weight. And, here are some of the other key highlights:
- Aggressive, four-door design with studded sport grille
- Turbocharged, 208-hp inline-4 engine delivering 258 lb-ft of torque
- Advanced dual-clutch 7-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles
- Front sport seats and three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel
- mbrace2 in-vehicle technology suite with available Internet access
- Full Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming and hands-free calling
- Available iPod/MP3 Media Interface, harman/kardon surround-sound system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with Traffic and Weather, and navigation with voice control
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Available Driver Assistance Package featuring DISTRONIC adaptive cruise control, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist
- Optional Sport Package includes sport bodystyling, 18-inch wheels and front sport brakes
Needles to say, the CLA didn’t need much more attention. It could definitely get its own for being such a high-class vehicle. But Mercedes thought otherwise and just unveiled a teaser ad featuring the one and only Kate Upton.
The ad is definitely a let down, since the clip was dubbed “Kate Upton washes the new Mercedes CLA in slow motion,” which never actually occurred. Then again, maybe we’ll see more of the former Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover girl when the full ad airs during Super Bowl XLVII on Feburary 3.
Regardless, I don’t think that an iconic company like Mercedes-Benz needed to tease us with a Kate Upton ad that never delivered, thus far at least. The CLA is enough to get our engines rived on its own. On the other hand, it is Kate Upton. And we never mind checking out any promotion that she’s involved with. Even if we were tricked into watching it.
If you want to learn more about the 2014 CLA, or want to check out some behind the scenes pics of the upcoming Super Bowl commercial, you can head over to the Mercedes-Benz Facebook page.