Last Tuesday, Microsoft announced that their Office 365 Home Premium is now available for Mac and PC worldwide. This product ushers what the company called a “reinvention” of its flagship productivity suite. The Office 365 Home Premium brings in a new subscription-based plan that offers access on up to five devices.
Features and Subscription Plan
Office 365 Home Premium brings in the latest and most complete set of Office applications. It even allows users to install up to five devices, including Macs, PCs, and Windows tablets.
The service is accessible for $99.99 annually, which means that it costs $8.34 per month. Microsoft also plans to provide new features and services to the cloud first, making it available to subscribers as soon as they are ready. It is better compared to employing the company’s previous three-year wait period for new major software releases. As Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer stated:
Today’s launch of Office 365 Home Premium marks the next big step in Microsoft’s transformation to a devices and services business. This is so much more than just another release of Office. This is Office reinvented as a consumer cloud service with all the full-featured Office applications people know and love, together with impressive new cloud and social benefits.
Now available in 162 markets and in 21 languages, Office 365 Home Premium includes the following:
- The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access
- One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five devices, including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and Office on Demand available from any Internet-connected PC
- An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage, nearly three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world
- Future upgrades, so you always use the latest time-saving technology
In relation to this, Microsoft offers a free 30-day trial for the Office 365 Home Premium. Also available is Office 365 University for college or university students, faculty, and staff. It is available with a four-year subscription at $79.99 or $1.67 per month.
Microsoft also launched an updated version of their traditional Official suite: Office Home and Student, Office Home and Business 2013, and Office Professional 2013. It was also reported that the company is planning to launch Office 365 for businesses this February 27. It was also rumored than an iOS version of Office suits is in the works.