Earlier today, it was reported that Polyphony Digital already rolled out the latest update for their Gran Turismo 5—the update 2.09. It brings in a few minor tweaks, as well as a timely change to the engine sound of Honda Weider HSV-010.
In a recent interview of GT Planet with CEO Kazunori Yamauchi, he talked about creating realistic design for the game, which includes the car’s engine sound.
What I find is that one of our themes with Gran Turismo is to create something that is real; that is what our team is focused on, but can be an issue sometimes as well. If we see something in front of us, we want to reproduce that very accurately, and that tendency is getting stronger.
But, I think we maybe need to make things sexier sometimes, and I think that is something the Gran Turismo team might need to work on.
Listed below is the games official change log:
- The [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] settings under [Event Settings] of the Open Lobby can now be adjusted to four levels: “None”, “Normal”, “Fast”, and “Very Fast”
- The 3D display view has been improved.
- The tyre depletion rate has been now balanced as it varied too greatly in certain circumstances depending on the vehicle.
- The Drift Trials scoring method has been changed to prevent cheating.
- The maximum RPM of the Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.
Correction for Known Issues
- Fixed an issue where opponent cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] was enabled in the Open Lobby. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G ’02, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline ones.
Checking Your GT5’s Current Version
The change log also shared how players can check the current version of their software. To do that, just simply press the “Manual” button and it will show the game’s version number at the top left part of the index page.
In case gamers are not yet using the latest version of Gran Turismo 5, Polyphony Digital advises users to shut down their PlayStation 3. After that, the game will automatically start once the console is connected to the internet.